As women we tend to go through life worrying about the big things. Career, relationships, money, will I have kids, what’s my next holiday destination…..you know what I’m talking about.
And the little things don’t seem important – until they start popping up and affecting the big things.
For those of you who don’t know, I wear contact lenses most of the time. Now these little suckers have been in my life for the past 21 years so I kinda know how they work. But just last month the little buggers showed me who was in charge! As usual, I popped them in at 5.30am before taking my dog for a walk. But this time one of them ripped in half whilst I was putting it in. The piece that went into my eye quickly got lodged up under my eyelid. I tried hopelessly to get it out but it had gone too far up. Now instead of panicking too much (a tactic I’ve used in the past), I put my glasses on and waited for it to eventually dislodge. 26 hours later the bugger came out!
Who would have thought something so small could be so stubborn!
And it was a month of many small things making themselves known to me and the big impact they have (including a little seal breaking on the convertible and the roof being stuck half open! You would have laughed seeing me drive down the road trying to get it home safely!!)
If you’re into planets and star signs….
Coincidently (or not) Mercury was in retrograde. Mercury rules communication, Travel, contracts, automobiles and the likes. So, when Mercury is retrograde, remain flexible, allow time for extra travel, and avoid signing contracts. Review projects and plans at these times, but wait until Mercury is direct again to make any final decisions.
If you don’t believe in that stuff….
Let’s look at what we do know about small things.
- A mosquito can really interrupt your sleep
- Lack of quality sleep can impact your stress levels
- Just a few extra calories a day can add up over a week and month (and year!)
- A 15 minute walk each day can reduce stress
- A paper cut really hurts
- Missing a due date could add extra dollars to a bill
- One word can mean so much
- The power of a three corner jack hiding in grass (yowch!)
- The petrol light in your car IS important
- 5 minutes of meditation can reset your day
- And the list could go on.
Take a moment to write a list of 5 small things that have been showing up in your life of late, that would benefit from you taking notice of or actioning.
Over the next week, focus on one each day.
- Put away the washing so I can find my clothes each day (saving time and stress)
- Take a 15 minute walk at lunch for some fresh air and de-stress
- Replace 3pm chocolate with a protein bar
- Top up petrol in car every Thursday so the light doesn’t come on
- Write when bills due in diary
As you can see, just a few small things but collectively they save time, money, stress and ultimately help move you forward with the big things that matter.
When the small things are taken care of you’re telling the Universe (and yourself) that you’re able to handle the big stuff better – so decide on the outcomes you want in life, take care of what needs to be taken care of and make something of the gift you’ve been given.
If thinking about all these things is too much and you want to crack a bottle of champers and eat chocolate, then book yourself into a free strategy call where we can explore this together so you can get back in charge of your life and enjoy each moment – and let the little things take care of themselves.