My home office is consumed with books, actually so is our garage with about 10 boxes of books that are unable to fit in our home *insert sad face here!* I LOVE books. I invest money every month in buying books, some for fun and relaxed reading but most for personal development. Some I’ve read from front to back and others I haven’t even opened.
I love books because of the mystery of not knowing what is to come (fulfils my need for adventure), the brain food it provides, the thought provoking messages and the ability to run away to a fantasy land.
I used to feel a lot of guilt about the ones I had purchased and not read and then I learnt that there is a right time for them to come to you in which you are then energetically pulled to pick them up and open them.
Unlike in school, you can read any chapter of the book, whichever is relevant to you at that point in time. Then you can put it down and be guilt free – now is not the time for you to read the rest of the content.
So I want to give you the gift of some books that I really enjoy and invite you to check them out.
(in no particular order or genre)
- Awaken the Giant Within – Anthony Robbins
- Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway – Susan Jeffers
- Act Like Success, Think Like Success – Steve Harvey
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – Mark Manson
- F**k it, Do what you love – John C Parkin (part of the reason why Operation365 was founded)
- The Art of Work – Jeff Goins
- Peace of Mind, Becoming Fully Present – Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Four Agreements – Don Miguel Ruiz
- Why Wait to be Great? – Hayden Wilson
- The Law of Attraction – Esther and Jerry Hicks
- The Barefoot Investor- Scott Pape
- The Body is the Barometer of the Soul – Annette Noontil
- The Psychology of Winning – Dr Denis Waitley
I would love to hear your thoughts on any of these books or your own favourite book. Leave a comment and lets start a conversation.
Looking to take your own personal development journey? Fiona is a coach and mentor of corporate and business women to empower and educate them to becoming their ‘best self’. For more details you can contact Fiona here.
*picture courtesy of home-designing.com